(the download link includes two versions of the same book by two different narrators)
What are the most common dreams and why do we have them? What does a dream about death mean? What do dreams of swimming, failing, or flying symbolize? First published by Sigmund Freud in 1899, The Interpretation of Dreams considers why we dream and what it means in the larger picture of our psychological lives.
Delving into theories of manifest and latent dream content, the special language of dreams, dreams as wish fulfillments, the significance of childhood experiences, and much more, Freud, widely considered the “father of psychoanalysis”, thoroughly and thoughtfully examines dream psychology. Encompassing dozens of case histories and detailed analyses of actual dreams, this landmark text presents Freud’s legendary work as a tool for comprehending our sleeping experiences.
- ‘Dream Psychology: Psychoanalysis for Beginners’ by Sigmund Freud (audiobook)
- ‘A General Introduction to Psychoanalysis’ by Sigmund Freud (audiobook)
- ‘The Psychopathology of Everyday Life’ by Sigmund Freud (audiobook)
- ‘Three Contributions to the Theory of Sex’ by Sigmund Freud (audiobook)
- ‘Civilization and Its Discontents’ by Sigmund Freud (audiobook)